Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

i know more about your body than you do.

Seriously. I do. Ask me what nerve controls mastication? I'll tell ya. The muscles that move your thumb? Easy peasy. That bone in your foot that's hurting? I've got it. But put me in a room with a lab final, and I freak. Evidently I am completely incompetent in room 334, because I did not get the grade I wanted. Two qualities that don't mix well: perfectionism and self-deprecation, with a hint of overanalysis. Let's be real. I studied a lot. I knew my stuff. Or did I? Did I do everything that I could have done to study for this final? Well... No... So it's my fault. I should have known better. Right? Or do we just accept it like it is, like it was supposed to happen like this? (This is when you know it's bed time.) Such is life. Such is my freakish brain. (Including all 12 cranial nerves. I can tell you all about fetal development of the brain, too... Want to hear that?) Well... At least I was able to tie a pretty good-looking bow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment