Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

habits.

I am a creature of habit. Seriously. Come with me to Subway, I will get the same exact thing every time: a kids' meal, which consists of a 4-inch turkey sandwich on wheat, toppings of provolone cheese (toasted), tomatoes, spinach, onions, and cucumbers if I'm feeling crazy, with oil and vinegar and salt and pepper, apple juice to drink, and two cookies, one sugar and one chocolate-chip. And if I go to Pita Pit? A wheat pita with turkey, tomatoes, spinach, onions, cucumbers, and hummus and a tomato-pesto vinaigrette. Wild, right? Apparently it takes about 21 days to make something a habit. But what about breaking a habit? Does that take 21 days as well? I submit that it does not. Breaking a habit, especially a bad one, can take forever. Sometimes a fluke happens, but I've had habits that have taken years to break. So the moral of the story is not to create bad habits in the first place. Like... blogging and thinking about other things when you should be studying. Happy Friday, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment