Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

plane buddies.

Ever had a conversation with someone on a plane? I'm always worried to start talking to people because I'm not the greatest conversationalist and because it's just awkward when you want to read your book or something. But, no lie, yesterday I talked to a guy on the plane for the entire 3 hours and 47 minutes from home. Yes, we're getting married. Just kidding. He was a Mormon missionary coming home for the first time in two years. And it was nice to just talk to someone. No worrying what he wanted from me, no awkward moments, just a nice chat to take my mind off the flight back and the consequent re-acclimation to the current status of my social life. (Non-existent.) It was really nice to take my mind off my own problems for a bit. When I turned around to say goodbye after getting off the plane, he was gone. And that was that. I wish I'd say goodbye, or at least good luck in life, but he was gone. It was a blessing to have had someone there. Even when I feel my worst, someone is looking out for me.

1 comment: