Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

i am not who i was a year ago.

A year ago, I was sad. Not depressed, just generally a flatline person. It was just a sad state for me compared to who I am now. But in the past year I have learned how to hope. I have learned how to trust that there is a greater power in this world than me or anyone else. I have learned how to be honest with myself and with others. I have learned how to be brave. I have learned how special and unique I am. And I have learned how to trust my own sanity, even when everyone else doubts me. You might think that sounds sad. But it's not. I know everything will be okay. I don't know how. I don't know when. But I know that for me, this whole religion-and-prayer thing tends to work out pretty well. So I am sticking to what I know, to what I've felt, to what I've experienced that proves to me that there is still good left in the world, and that there is always hope, even for the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment