Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

we have a dog?

"That's how the Lord works. You lose your cat, you find your dog." My mother is convinced that our cat (see this post for pictures) is dead. That's right. DEAD. She hasn't been seen for the past week or so. Anyways, during said past week, a dog has started showing up on a road we take to get to church, school, etc. On Christmas, my mother said, "If that dog is there, that's our dog." And there it was. So for her, this was divine intervention and that dog was ours.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself and pets. I am not a fish person. I am not a gecko person. I am not a cat person. I am probably not a dog person, either. My father is allergic to dogs, so we never had one growing up. It was a stretch to even get the cat, which eventually was kindly asked (thrown out) to live in the garage anyways. But when my brother called us yesterday saying he had finally gotten the dog, we drove to meet him... And there was the dog, trailing my brother in the car. Evidently, he's natural at dog whispering and this is fate.


...Which is why it ran away before my mother could get back with the dog food. But alas, today it followed my brother home again and is currently sleeping in a blanket on our back porch. Maybe it is fate after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment