Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

on losing.

Today, my brother lost. I have not seen him lose a wrestling match in about a year. (Of course, I do attend college about 2000 miles away, but that's beside the point.) Anyways, he lost. And in order to occupy my mind so I didn't get too offended at his mood, I thought about losing. Losing is tough. It sucks. But losing is surprisingly informative. You learn what you love when you lose. (Now, if losing it is what made you learn that you love it, I'd suggest you learn that a little quicker next time.) Do you think he would have been so upset if he didn't truly love what he was doing and didn't want to succeed? No. Whether it be a wrestling match, a scholarship, or a person, you learn what you love when you lose. Sometimes you have to lose. But losing, as terrible as it may seem, can also teach you how to win. You'll figure it out someday if you haven't already.

1 comment: