Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

strangers no more.

So. You know that one person that you see everywhere that you kind of know but aren't sure if they know you? To begin, you should probably know that I have a creepy memory. I remember scary things about people. And considering the small world that is the college I attend, I can make a connection to almost anyone I meet. My roommate complains that every time we're walking around, I'll point out someone and tell her a random detail about their lives that they may not even remember themselves. I'm a creep. So what?

Anyways, back to the story.

So there was this girl. She was in my freshman ward. Never spoke a word to each other. Sophomore year, she shows up in my Psychological Statistics class. I switch majors. Apparently she does too, because she also ends up in my Intro to ComD class second semester. Still, never spoke a word to each other. This year, she's in two of my classes and my ward again. Still... No words spoken. I know all of these things, but I always doubt that other people are as afflicted by creepy memories as I am. I convince myself that I am the most awkward person in the world. One day, I walk into the library. I sit down at a computer. The girl next to me turns to me. IT'S HER. We have this entire conversation about all of these things that I remembered that she did too. And she wasn't creeped out by me. We now wave to each other in class and at church. Seriously. Such a relief. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment