Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

summer has not begun.

Technically, the season we call summer has not begun. And neither have the joyous times that usually accompany the warm weather. Number of times I have actually worn a swimsuit outside: 1. Number of weeks I have spent peeling dead skin off my legs: 2. (You wanted all the gory details... right?) Unfortunately, my summer has not begun, because I am still in the lovely state of Utah. Today I wore a jacket to church and was still cold. Of course, this may be because I am always cold, but I like to think that it's Utah's fault. This week, I am grateful for LJ. On Friday, we had plans to go to a cadaver memorial service for the bodies that we work on in Anatomy. But... Upon arriving at the cemetery, we decided we would much rather go to City Creek, where we drowned our sorrows about school, boys, etc. (but mostly boys and school) in retail therapy. Did I change in a bathroom stall into the jeans I had just bought because my funeral-appropriate dress was ticking me off? Yes. Did I buy a hair wrap that I will probably never wear? Yes. Did we eat an unhealthy amount of Peachie-O's? You betcha. But every once in a while, when the sun isn't shining (both literally and figuratively), you just do what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment