Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

the boys.


So I nanny. When I walked into the house yesterday, this was the scene on the coffee table. I then continued to look around the house and find Chemistry for Every Kid on the island in the kitchen. This means that obviously the boys are not doing entertaining enough things and have to resort to intellectual puzzles and reading up on subjects they won't need for another 7 years or so. This also means I should probably step up my game with daily activities so they know that there is a world beyond vectors and the numbers 1 through 9.



When I stepped outside to embark on our trip to Goodwill, I found one of these planted on the step. Of course, I had already seen the unmentionables on a plate in the fridge, which is where this picture was taken, but still I proceeded to ask the younger of the two, "K, whose poop is this?" "M's..." he said with a sheepish grin. (That would be M, as in his older brother.) I'm starting to get to know K a little better. He's quiet, but incredibly devious. When I walked outside after running back in to grab something, he was holding a little black object with a red blinking light... He was filming me, the little bugger! I have no earthly idea what he could use footage of me for, but I hope nothing embarrassing. When I left, I drove over some cherry poppers, conveniently placed right behind my back driver's side tire... You know, those little fireworks that pop when you step on them? I have a pretty good idea who planted them there. I also have a pretty good idea that that person was also filming my reaction from behind the bushes. Sneaky, K. Sneaky. It's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment