Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

good things about today.


1. Purple eyeliner. It's become my standard, because it one, makes my eyes look kind of greenish, and two, it "brings out [my] tan," according to one of my best friends. Its goes with ANY outfit. Trust me.

2. The breakfast burrito my mother brought over this morning. Black beans, scrambled eggs, Havarti cheese, and turkey bacon. Mmm.

3. The fact that I found a piece of food stuck in my teeth from said burrito before meeting the mother of the other boy I'm watching today.

4. The prospect of wearing these babies when it's cold enough for me to want to wear shoes. Pretty sure they were the most expensive piece of footwear at our Goodwill at ten dollars and ninety-one cents. Splurge.

5. Goodwill also provided me with my lovely new Stiffel lamps, under 20 bucks for both. Score.

6. The cute little scab on my right elbow. (Don't worry, I won't post a picture.) I just like scabs because they mean that something is healing itself. Plus when it's gone I'll have a scar. And scars mean that you've been through something probably painful but also probably awesome, and you'll forever have a little reminder of what you learned and how you grew back together again.

Sorry this is so sentimental, but I found this adorable, kitschy little blog that makes me want to be a girl and write cute things on my blog too, so here you go. In other news, we're about to embark on a car trip and return with four extra children. That's right, the grand total is... nine people in a minivan that's made to fit eight. And that's eight, pushing it. Joy.

1 comment:

  1. 1. this is all so typical you it's awesome.
    2. those shoes are amazing. i gotta go find me some cool high tops super cheap somehow this summer...
    3. purple eyeliner. <3 mine is almost gone & it's depressing.
    4. you're about to do something slightly dangerous & illegal(at least in california it is...). for some reason it makes me happy. haha
    5. make life exciting & come visit sunny California? awesome plan hannah!
    6. kbye.

    ReplyDelete