Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

karma.



For some reason I seem to have gotten it in my head that blessings are limited—that I am only allotted a small portion of good karma for each day, and that said karma will only come a. when I am feeling at my lowest, or b. to buoy me up right before something terrible happens. I'd really like to believe that this is not the case.

As I walking to campus today, I took a strange route. While on said strange route, I passed a guy in a pink shirt, who, upon seeing me, promptly stopped, looked me straight in the eye, and said, "Have a great day." Here's the thing. I think that deep down, it is imbedded in my nature to accept the good things that happen to me, because my immediate response was a sincere "thank you." This surprised me, to be honest. I wondered where the thoughts were that questioned this nicety, or that asked, "Wow, do I just look that hideous today?" They weren't there. So here's to the belief that good things happen all the time, and they are the result of some greater power simply trying to give us all a reason to smile, whether we think we need it or not. Good things are not conditional. (This is important for those of us who have a tendency to doubt themselves, such as yours truly.) Good things are not limited. Good things are abundant, and they are all around us. So start looking for them today (if you haven't already), and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment