Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

dating.

So... my roommate and I used to joke (before she got herself a boyfriend) about the question “Why don't boys want us?”

HERE IS THE ANSWER.

Check this out. It is absolutely brilliant. Curious about my own statistics, I decided to do a few additions of my own. Assuming that these calculations are roughly correct for females as well, and that I am approximately as attractive as the guy writing this, (Believe me, I used my most expert creeping skills to locate a picture of this individual, a one Tristan Miller who may have been employed by the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence at some point in the year 1999, to judge for myself, but to no avail.) the percentage of boys/men (And there is a very distinct difference between the two, one about which I will not go into detail at this time.) in these categories who belong to the same religion as me (which, by my (very rough) calculations of 13 million divided by 6 billion) is approximately .2167 percent. If we multiply that by this guy's calculations for eligible companions, we get about 4057 guys. (Well, 4057.3, but I'm not taking .3 of a guy.) That's in developed countries, not even just the United States. Some of these eligible bachelors with whom I am scientifically compatible could live in France. Or Switzerland, for heaven's sake. One of them could be the man on that train to Bern that didn't wear deodorant.This is where I gave up on my additions. I’m not even going to try and calculate equations that represent how many of those are actually living within a radius of my very few networks, and how likely it is that I will even see them passing on the street, or even whether they have the stamina to ask random girls they see on the street on dates in the first place… but I'm sure it will wheedle down my total immensely. So pretty much... yeah. Dad, next time you ask me why I’m not going on dates, here is your answer.

1 comment:

  1. i forgot how much i loved your cute little blog until i just re-read this post. #missyou #roomielove

    ReplyDelete